The objectives of the Civil Engineering Department are:
- To create required methods and mechanisms for the swift and effective transfer into the curriculum and research topics of the latest developments in technology, knowledge access and information processing.
- To take account of the ethical, social, cultural, environmental and economic aspects of the profession as much as to the technical dimension in all educational and research activities.
- To plan for the future and to adapt to innovation.
- To uphold the positive traditional qualities that have undeniably contributed to the present successful position.
- To equip students with the knowledge, ability and creative thinking required for the identification, solution, synthesis and design of civil engineering problems.
- To exert attention so that research activities in addition to being suitable for the needs of our country should also be pioneering studies that contribute to the profession and to science.
- To transfer and share the accumulation of knowledge firstly for the benefit of our country and in general for the benefit and development of all humanity.